Current time: 01-22-2018, 09:57 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
AFI written exams
02-23-2010, 10:22 PM
What are the written exams required by AFI candidates?
I can't seem to find anything in writing about it in DCA website or circulars. All I can find are the prerequisites for AFI course.
As far as I know, I think there are 5 or 6 CPL papers that needs to be passed before one can commence the AFI course?
02-25-2010, 02:12 PM
Have you written to DCA for your intention to take up AFI?

If you had, they will inform you what papers to take. I done my papers 6 Local CPL or some cadets said Tech paper.

Completed my papers in Feb 2008, till now no school to accept me for AFI course yet. However ITNS just send me an email yesterday, saying that their AFI intake in March 2010.

I wanna find out from pilots here, who have got their email too? Stated in their email, training will be conducted in RSFC Sungei Besi, a merger????

Or any AFI whom have gone through their training can give an insight of their training program? Full time course, cost, duration etc? Of coz, if you can add any juice here and advice me, will appreciated it.
02-27-2010, 08:53 AM
1. What are the names of the 6 papers?
2. Also, if you sat it is Feb 2008 & still have not done the AFI course, is the 6 papers still valid?
3. Where is it stated (in any DCA circular) that you have to sit for the 6 papers?
4. I thought only schools can conduct AFI course, not clubs...
02-28-2010, 04:36 PM
1) Ok, if my memory did not failed me.... Airlaw 1 & 2, Electrics, Engines, Airframe Systems, Principles of Flight, HPL
2) Well, they let me do the papers, and let me hunt for the school...all the school does not accept me since then. What can I do?
3) Not in any circular, I wrote to DCA stating my intention to do my AFI. They replied to me I have to do all these papers once I had achieved my 150 P1 hours.
4) Thats wat I think too, I believe this might be an arrangement between ITNS and RSFC. RSFC might be working with ITNS under ITNS training syallbus?
5) From ITNS email RM41K to RM46K, this is hard cash to produce.
02-19-2014, 08:12 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2014 08:39 PM by safa100.)
AFI written exams are very tough to pass. So, that is more hardworking need to pass it. These exams are helpful to join the airforce or become a pilot.
03-31-2014, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2014 01:44 PM by kaamil20.)
AFI is an accredited test center offering certification exams for Pro metric and Pearson Virtual University Enterprise (VUE), leading IT testing service providers.