Current time: 01-19-2018, 03:24 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
AirAsia Cadet Pilot 2013
11-30-2012, 02:46 PM
Hi guys....nw air asia has reopened the cadet pilot program for 2013....Pls do try to apply....
You guys gt any idea how to apply for it using STPM results?? Don't see any column for STPM as pre-requisite......but they do provide for diploma and degree holders.....As for my case I can't apply using SPM result coz didnt meet the requirement for Physics.....gt C+.....so trying my luck using STPM but do nt know hw to do so......Anyone out there......pls do let me know if you know hw to go about this issue..... Thank you.

Regards,

KLP
11-30-2012, 05:37 PM
Hi KILOLIMAPAPA, I suggest you take up Diploma/Degree before applying. It won't look good on you if you don't fulfill the requirement and you apply.

Even if you got called up, you still need to bring your original SPM certificate there for verification. STPM = A levels. Since you do not meet the requirement for the basic SPM level, I suggest you continue your journey to local university since you took STPM. Study well there and gain more knowledge on those subject that you need to tackle in the future if you are called up for the assessment in AirAsia.

I wish you the best of luck!

-- Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:40 pm --

For those people who would like to know about the requirement for the selection process. Please refer below

The minimum requirements for the selection of a Cadet Pilot are as follows:

- Malaysian Citizenship or Permanent Residency;
- Aged over 17 years at the time of application. The maximum age is 28 years;
- Obtain a DCAM Class 1 medical.

And, possess one of the following academic qualifications:
a) Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM)/Malaysian Certificate of Education or equivalent (recognized by the Ministry of Education, Malaysia) pre-requisites:
- A grade of any "A" in English;
- A grade of any "A" in Mathematics;
- A grade of any "B" in Physics or "A" in General Science;
- A grade of any "B" in any other two subjects; and
- Minimum of 5 SPM subjects.

Or

b) Diploma or Degree pre-requisites:
- Engineering/Science related discipline;
- GPA 3.0 and above; and
- SPM with a grade of any "C" in any 5 subjects, of which must include English, Mathematics and Science.
- Good command of English and Bahasa Malaysia both written and spoken.

c) Must be physically and mentally fit with good eyesight (visual acuity of at least 6/60 without optical aid, correctable to 6/6 and not colour blind).
d) Minimum height of 163 cm (5ft 3in) and
e) Be prepared to sign a training bond with a surety.<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:41 pm --<br /><br />is quite funny how come this time they stated there "Obtain a Class 1 Medical certificate"
11-30-2012, 09:59 PM
hi, i try to open this site

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.airasia.com/my/en/about-us/my-cadet.page">http://www.airasia.com/my/en/about-us/my-cadet.page</a><!-- m -->

but end up with this

Quote:NOTICE :

Thank you for your interest in our cadet pilot programme.
Currently we are not accepting anymore applications as the number of responses have been overwhelming.

This website application will open every 1 to 21 April, to accept registration from suitably qualified candidates to attend the AirAsia Cadet Pilot Selection and Assessment.

Once the quota of application has been met, the application site will be closed. Only short listed candidates will be invited for the selection and assessment. All other application shall be considered not successful if no correspondence has been received by 6 weeks after the closing date. Limited slots are available and invite for selection and assessment will be based on first come first serve basis .

Thanking you for your interest in joining the World’s Best Low-Cost Airline (2009-2012).

AirAsia

comment? already closed?<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:05 pm --<br /><br />
kilolimapapa Wrote:Hi guys....nw air asia has reopened the cadet pilot program for 2013....Pls do try to apply....
You guys gt any idea how to apply for it using STPM results?? Don't see any column for STPM as pre-requisite......but they do provide for diploma and degree holders.....As for my case I can't apply using SPM result coz didnt meet the requirement for Physics.....gt C+.....so trying my luck using STPM but do nt know hw to do so......Anyone out there......pls do let me know if you know hw to go about this issue..... Thank you.

Regards,

KLP
are you sure about that? where you got the info?

upside down
11-30-2012, 11:15 PM
Wow dat was freaking fast.....24 hrs ago I saw it's open for application.....and I applied to try my luck but I did not meet the the requirements.....It was on air asia's website and flygosh. Seriously gt no idea of wat is going on......too bad....better luck next time then.....sigh

Regards,

KLP
11-30-2012, 11:23 PM
kilolimapapa Wrote:Wow dat was freaking fast.....24 hrs ago I saw it's open for application.....and I applied to try my luck but I did not meet the the requirements.....It was on air asia's website and flygosh. Seriously gt no idea of wat is going on......too bad....better luck next time then.....sigh

Regards,

KLP
i see...
wow that was fast and maybe they already filled the quota... maybe next time.... Smile

upside down
12-01-2012, 12:03 AM
I saw it as well. Better luck next time =)
12-01-2012, 02:11 AM
WOW! Based on last year each opening (november, april) they gonna screen in 2 batches (Nov-feb and april April-July and Oct) of around 500-700 each. Meaning yeah 24 hours opening has gathered 1000+++ hopeful cadets. that's was pretty fast.
Gudlucks everyone!<br /><br />-- Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:30 am --<br /><br />Oh maybe 3 batches each opening
Recent one who is going for jan 2013 selection I believed from last April 2012 application which was for July, Oct and Jan
regardless of that, now they said there's no quota for each opening. April selection gotta highest ppl made thru 23, jul is 3, Oct OMG waiting for result now!

Clocking, Docking and Bragging
12-02-2012, 09:04 AM
hello guys...i actually went for the assessment test on april this year..unfortunately i didnt make the cut..
i reapplied and i was notified that my name is already in the system..do you think i will be able to join 2013 selection? Thank you =)
12-02-2012, 12:00 PM
kusoo09 Wrote:hello guys...i actually went for the assessment test on april this year..unfortunately i didnt make the cut..
i reapplied and i was notified that my name is already in the system..do you think i will be able to join 2013 selection? Thank you =)

Hey bro, did you reapply again after you failed the assessment??

BTW, i missed the recruitment this time, but i did send my application to them during their last open,
Hopefully my name is in their system as well~~ :3
12-02-2012, 12:50 PM
yes..i reapplied again after i failed the assessment..they sent me an email saying that im shortlisted, asking me to wait for an invitation throughout 2012 but i got no reply from them..until i saw the news from flygosh yesterday...when i tried to apply once more, they say my name is already in the system. so i wonder if my name is under 2013 selection list or not...hmmmm