Current time: 01-17-2018, 01:19 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any questions wanna to ask an ATC? post it here...
12-27-2009, 09:47 AM
Ive received a letter from dca, stated that we need to stay at Mava for 5 days. The letter ddnt state what are the activities. Any one has any idea?
04-03-2010, 01:25 PM
eyda Wrote:i love sit at atc to watch how they work..
plus,i can improve my rt by watching n listening communication between atc n pic..thank God,it really help..my rt improve a lot..
very good to be friend with them..they r very friendly.they will help us whatever we dont understand abt communication,n they will help us during our flight..
whenever i fly,1 of the controller will called my name..when im back from long holiday this past few days,they asking me why its been a long time im not lepak with them..
anyway,i respect their job.when i sit beside them,i will feel the stress because of the workload..especially during lots of aircraft flying..
thumbs up for ATC.. Wink

How you can access the tower and see they work? What airport? I also like to see ATC working.
05-23-2011, 04:03 PM
I don't think you're allowed to enter the tower unless you've got official business buddy(you'll require an airport pass in the first place). The only time I usually go up there is to submit my flight plan, then lepak for a while, chit-chat etc.
08-10-2011, 09:53 AM
hi..

Just want to ask controllers at KUL or SZB (Lumpur ATCC)

we have two parallel runways in KUL, why not optimised them for parallel approach. I've seen a lot of airports around the world doing that with no problem to ease congestion and increase efficiency of the airport. But in Malaysia seems thats not happening. If we are talking about proximity to Subang which is another active airfield, that reason doesnt seems valid as distance between Brussels Zaventem and Ostend together with Antwerp is about the same distance between SZB and KUL.

If we can't have parallel approach, it just beat the purpose of having 2 parallel runway, and in the future, we gonna have another runway which is also parallel. Isnt it such a waste?
08-11-2011, 06:36 PM
it is because of NTZ.. what is NTZ?

NTZ (no-transgression zone) - A corridor of airspace of defined dimensions, located centrally between the two extended runway centrelines, where controller intervention is required to manoeuvre the non-blundering aircraft when the airspace is penetrated by an aircraft conducting a simultaneous approach to the adjacent parallel or near-parallel instrument runway.

In the context of independent parallel approaches, a corridor of airspace of defined dimensions located centrally between the two extended runway centerlines, where a penetration by an aircraft requires a controller intervention to maneuver any threatened aircraft on an adjacent approach. This is normally a 2000-ft (600 m) wide zone.

[Image: f0456-03.gif]
08-11-2011, 10:39 PM
What is the distance between the 2 rwys in WMKK?

Is that the only reason (NTZ) why an independent parallel approach cannot be conducted in WMKK?

Thank you

The Unlearned
Cool

A Real Man Needs A "Big Stick" In Between Legs .....

BUT

Not The One Provided by BOEING ....
08-12-2011, 03:17 PM
More than 600 m, that's positive.

Why the waste of time and space? Should learn more from controllers at AMS.
08-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Hehe... If DCA Malaysia is an independent organization like Thailand Aerothai or Singapore CAAS, for sure this can be implemented. Just a matter of equipment upgrade or install a better nav equipment such as MLAT for precision monitoring purposes. Furthermore, 2 way understanding must be there to make it possible.. :Big Grin:

Found a good website regarding this:-
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/projectsservices/projects/prm/pilotsguide.asp">http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/pro ... sguide.asp</a><!-- m -->

Tongue
09-01-2011, 12:13 PM
I've been listening in to Subang Ground controllers, and noticed they always issue taxi instructions to runway as "9M-xxx, taxi to holding point runway 15".
My question is, Ground never specifies which holding point. Is there a designated one or does the pilot just taxi & go to whichever he wishes & notify Ground when they are there?
09-06-2011, 01:45 PM
Depends on the traffic and other aerodrome conditions. But normally controller will give taxi instructions depends on runway in-use. No specific holding point or intersection and pilot are free to choose any available. One of the reason is that controller do not know what the take-off distance require by pilot. It is a normal practices by Subang Controller.. :Big Grin: hv a free time to visit Subang Tower Sir.. just give a call thru land line or RT, no prob..