Current time: 01-22-2018, 10:16 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how to be a pilot?
11-11-2013, 10:09 PM
Thanks Mira_mira, you've been such a great inspiration to all of us!

Continue doing what you do, it's all about timing, soon enough you will be on that cockpit.

Don't give up! Cheers!

Courage doesn't always roar, sometimes it's the quiet voice at the end of the day whispering "I will try again tomorrowā€¯
11-12-2013, 11:31 AM
(11-10-2013 06:53 PM)Mir_Mira Wrote:  Hi Harry ^^

I'm sorry for being late but I wanna share some opinion of mine too. First of all congratulations for taking first step in what you're doing now. Foundation in engineering? Unsure about piloting?
Let me say, just do whatever you do now. Who says an engineering can't become a pilot. If you really want to become a pilot, keep the mindset. Some of our journey won't be pretty much smooth as we're not lucky to get to join cadet pilot thingee. It's okay Harry, if everyone has similar journey than it will super boring. lol.
Along the way you study, you might found an opening chance as you still very young. No need to rush. One step at a time. Ask yourself, do you really want to become a pilot? If you do, you'll get the answer sooner or later. Some pilot nowadays have other qualification. I know few pilots who are previously engineer and one even a doctor. See how different that is? the profession and such and by logic, of course they started their carrier when they are over 25 years old.
I can give you two example. I'm 26 now and I'm still heading toward my dream. My journey surely encountered lots of bumpy road and I face failures more than you can imagine. I almost give up in certain point but because it was what I want, the little strength in me telling me I shall never stop trying. At least, I know I'm working hard on it. I cried, failed, losing hope, lost, depressed... all that. Right now I even do the job I never though I do just to make sure my journey still in the right path. I'm doing a heavy job that force me tell myself I MUST KEEP HOLDING ON. Oh yeah, I have diploma in engineering and on the way to qualify as safety and health officer ( green book ). But why I stayed? doing the hardest job which most girl wouldn't even want to try. I did it in the name of ambition. At least I know when I become a pilot someday, I have engineering knowledge and even green book. That will set me apart from others ^^

Second example is Captain Cho Eunjong. She gained her pilot license when she's 29. Yes, she did multiple of job etc and finally work in USA and get her pilot license there but during that time, job wasn't open for her in her own country ( S.Korea ) so she stayed at USA and become an instructor. Collecting hours and such and she got an offer from China Airlines. Finally at the age of 41, she start working in Korean Air.

[Image: tumblr_mdvm270XGw1rlcrbqo1_500_large.jpg]

You see Harry, I don't know if my ranting ( lol sorry ) is anwering you or not but I just want to say, just because you want to become a pilot doesn't mean you don't need to look at other option. Keep your ambition first but never let go the opportunity that comes. IF... IF someday when you still haven't finished the degree and suddenly you get the call for cadetship, than its your time to actually choose. We can't predict future but we can carve our path and keep walking on it. I pray for the best and seriously, you still young ^^

Again, ONE STEP AT A TIME alright bro.

Mira say peace~~~

[Image: Berle-opportunity.png]

You ever thought of getting a PPL while you lie in wait for cadet opportunities?
11-13-2013, 05:42 PM
(11-10-2013 06:53 PM)Mir_Mira Wrote:  Hi Harry ^^

I'm sorry for being late but I wanna share some opinion of mine too. First of all congratulations for taking first step in what you're doing now. Foundation in engineering? Unsure about piloting?
Let me say, just do whatever you do now. Who says an engineering can't become a pilot. If you really want to become a pilot, keep the mindset. Some of our journey won't be pretty much smooth as we're not lucky to get to join cadet pilot thingee. It's okay Harry, if everyone has similar journey than it will super boring. lol.
Along the way you study, you might found an opening chance as you still very young. No need to rush. One step at a time. Ask yourself, do you really want to become a pilot? If you do, you'll get the answer sooner or later. Some pilot nowadays have other qualification. I know few pilots who are previously engineer and one even a doctor. See how different that is? the profession and such and by logic, of course they started their carrier when they are over 25 years old.
I can give you two example. I'm 26 now and I'm still heading toward my dream. My journey surely encountered lots of bumpy road and I face failures more than you can imagine. I almost give up in certain point but because it was what I want, the little strength in me telling me I shall never stop trying. At least, I know I'm working hard on it. I cried, failed, losing hope, lost, depressed... all that. Right now I even do the job I never though I do just to make sure my journey still in the right path. I'm doing a heavy job that force me tell myself I MUST KEEP HOLDING ON. Oh yeah, I have diploma in engineering and on the way to qualify as safety and health officer ( green book ). But why I stayed? doing the hardest job which most girl wouldn't even want to try. I did it in the name of ambition. At least I know when I become a pilot someday, I have engineering knowledge and even green book. That will set me apart from others ^^

Second example is Captain Cho Eunjong. She gained her pilot license when she's 29. Yes, she did multiple of job etc and finally work in USA and get her pilot license there but during that time, job wasn't open for her in her own country ( S.Korea ) so she stayed at USA and become an instructor. Collecting hours and such and she got an offer from China Airlines. Finally at the age of 41, she start working in Korean Air.

[Image: tumblr_mdvm270XGw1rlcrbqo1_500_large.jpg]

You see Harry, I don't know if my ranting ( lol sorry ) is anwering you or not but I just want to say, just because you want to become a pilot doesn't mean you don't need to look at other option. Keep your ambition first but never let go the opportunity that comes. IF... IF someday when you still haven't finished the degree and suddenly you get the call for cadetship, than its your time to actually choose. We can't predict future but we can carve our path and keep walking on it. I pray for the best and seriously, you still young ^^

Again, ONE STEP AT A TIME alright bro.

Mira say peace~~~

[Image: Berle-opportunity.png]

very Energy opinion. i luv u mira....hehe

I have a big dreams...
01-10-2017, 11:05 PM
If you are a hired worker and there is a long hierarchic chain over you, it is not very easy to increase the incomes, which always seem to be too low http://resume-writer.net/blog/should-you...into-a-job On the contrary, when you work for yourself, a plenty of privileges opens in front of you.