Current time: 01-18-2018, 05:57 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I want to be a helicopter maintenance engineer, regarding the licenses...
09-09-2013, 11:33 PM
Hello everybody,

I'm thinking of becoming a helicopter engineer, but right now I'm still undecided whether to go for EASA (CAAi) or DCAM license. My biggest concern with EASA (CAAi) is when obtaining the work schedule needed for the LWTR later on, as Ive read somewhere that CAAi only accept work schedules done with approved part-145 MROs only.

From what Ive checked so far, no local company in their list services live helicopters. I am right to be concerned over this and just take the DCAM instead?

Thank you
09-10-2013, 03:39 PM
take DCAM for your rotary wing license, you won't get in trouble when you want to collect your schedule of work
APR is the only ATO offers B1.3.
09-11-2013, 04:33 PM
Correct!

Real planes have propellers!
09-20-2013, 01:56 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2013 02:14 PM by buffy.)
(09-10-2013 03:39 PM)flyhigh92 Wrote:  take DCAM for your rotary wing license, you won't get in trouble when you want to collect your schedule of work
APR is the only ATO offers B1.3.

I agree with you, and i also appreciate your decision of choosing helicopter engineering field. Best of luck mate.
Award Wining Training Institute
03-22-2015, 01:16 PM
Hello everyone, im newbie here, i got DTS offer for B1. Still thinking whether wanna choose fixed wing or rotary wing. As you all here are experts in aviation industry,may i get your opinion?? What is the brighter future between aeroplane and helicopter? what is the highest demand if i want to work locally for time being and then go overseas after a i gain my work experience. really need your help. thank you Smile
03-23-2015, 12:02 PM
Go with rotary wings, ie Cat.B1.3, where there's always demand and big bucks.
Ask yourself, is this what you wanna do?
Fixed wing and rotary wings are not the same apple.
You worked in a different environment altogether. So consider where you might be working too..

03-23-2015, 04:41 PM
(03-23-2015 12:02 PM)torx Wrote:  Go with rotary wings, ie Cat.B1.3, where there's always demand and big bucks.
Ask yourself, is this what you wanna do?
Fixed wing and rotary wings are not the same apple.
You worked in a different environment altogether. So consider where you might be working too..

Ohh Thanks mr Torx for the reply. In your view,if i want to apply ojt and permanent job in category b1.3, what are the best company in Msia tht provide better future for helicopter LAE? Smile
03-23-2015, 05:29 PM
Common sense (which is no longer common) should tell you what companies are operating helicopters here in Malaysia.