Current time: 01-17-2018, 01:30 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lumpur Information
10-29-2009, 07:14 PM
I've been listening into Lumpur Information, and correct me if I'm wrong :

1. Lumpur Information is NOT a radar service - but the FISO who mans Lumpur Information has a radar screen in front of him with visual reporting points "marked" on the radar screen. However, he cannot use it to tell an aircraft where the aircraft is currently or give directions to turn to head to a certain reporting point (eg. Kapar, K. Selangor etc etc)

2. Lumpur information cannot clear aircraft to climb or descend when a pilot requests it. eg. "9M-ABC: Requesting climb 3000ft"; normally Lumpur information will reply by saying "Info: No reported traffic 3000ft, report established."
Note that Lumpur information did not say "climb 3000ft approved".
Whether an aircraft wishes to climb or descend is all up to him, of course it is good to inform so that Lumpur Info is aware, along with other aircraft on the same frequency. After all, separation is pilot's responsibility, not Lumpur Info.

Of course Lumpur Info is only responsible for uncontrolled airspace.
02-14-2013, 05:54 PM
that correct..lapur info just provied information only provide some information..only 1 person working at 1 time to cover the paninsular airspace..
01-20-2014, 01:05 PM
Lumpur information is must to know the services of flight of Malaysia. This information is also given on internet.