Current time: 01-20-2018, 11:08 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Malaysia Airlines 2011 Direct Intake Thread.
04-12-2011, 12:45 AM
I went to MAS staff ticketing office in SZB yesterday and saw 2 aluminium boxes located next to the stairs. One of the boxes is dedicated for 'direct entry pilot application'. Apparently, it is quite full to the brim - not sure when is the closing date ............ :Big Grin:

If you are looking for a pilot job with an airline, be prepared to go through the rigourous process of interview. Nothing is easy ......... :=\:

The least process has been mentioned by M732. Airlines are looking for 'future commander' not a 'co-pilot'. If you think you don't have the 'material/qualities' as a future commander, then flying for an airline is not for you ....... Wink

The Unlearned
Cool

A Real Man Needs A "Big Stick" In Between Legs .....

BUT

Not The One Provided by BOEING ....
04-13-2011, 05:01 PM
You mentioned 2 boxes, what was in the other box?
04-13-2011, 08:03 PM
Mmm. Today's the 13th. Anybody got called?
04-14-2011, 04:06 AM
Shumway,

The other box was meant for technicians and engineers application.

The Unlearned
Cool

A Real Man Needs A "Big Stick" In Between Legs .....

BUT

Not The One Provided by BOEING ....
04-14-2011, 03:08 PM
its 14th April.........hope for the best.....any body got called or letter or whatever that show you are shortlisted and calling for assessment?

upside down
04-14-2011, 03:15 PM
Curious to know how long have you guys been on ground since graduation? I understand there's quite a lot of applicants being jobless for >1yr since they've left flying school.

Winglet Rider \_ _/
04-14-2011, 07:52 PM
drebarbas Wrote:Shumway,

The other box was meant for technicians and engineers application.

The Unlearned
Cool

I wonder if that box was full...? Smile
04-15-2011, 12:52 AM
one of my senior here got called --- but its just to confirm some informations ... seems like they r working on it ... give them times as we all know they have many many many applications ~

why not u guys, those who applied, update ur status here ? like previous flying school, graduated since ... , currently doing wat , etc ..

"Flying might not be all plain sailing, but the fun of it is worth the price. " - Amelia Earhart (1898 - 1937)
04-15-2011, 12:21 PM
hye.. so far anybody got calling from MAS for their assessment test..?<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:26 pm --<br /><br />My frenz went to DCA last 2 weeks. Then, one of the DCA fellow tell him, that MAS will not take cadet pilot anymore for this current hiring advertisement..
MAS will only take those jobless pilot who ALREADY have CPL/IR frozen ATPL...not sure this rumors.... :o.o:
04-15-2011, 02:02 PM
yfardzley Wrote:hye.. so far anybody got calling from MAS for their assessment test..?

-- Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:26 pm --

My frenz went to DCA last 2 weeks. Then, one of the DCA fellow tell him, that MAS will not take cadet pilot anymore for this current hiring advertisement..
MAS will only take those jobless pilot who ALREADY have CPL/IR frozen ATPL...not sure this rumors.... :o.o:

Yes. This intake is only for jobless pilot who has license already or those who are still half way pursueing their qualifications in flying school Actually MAS already indicate in their advert the post Cadet Pilot Direct Intake because fresh pilots who are undergoing type rating are designated Senior Cadet Pilot. Till they are operational, they are officially a second officer.<br /><br />-- Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:05 pm --<br /><br />
klaviator Wrote:one of my senior here got called --- but its just to confirm some informations ... seems like they r working on it ... give them times as we all know they have many many many applications ~

why not u guys, those who applied, update ur status here ? like previous flying school, graduated since ... , currently doing wat , etc ..

Senior from where, klaviator? Mind sharing? Smile