Current time: 01-17-2018, 08:50 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Malaysia Airlines 2011 Direct Intake Thread.
04-15-2011, 02:27 PM
Panties Wrote:Yes. This intake is only for jobless pilot who has license already or those who are still half way pursueing their qualifications in flying school Actually MAS already indicate in their advert the post Cadet Pilot Direct Intake because fresh pilots who are undergoing type rating are designated Senior Cadet Pilot. Till they are operational, they are officially a second officer.
Smile

Well, since this is direct intake for jobless pilots who have license already, won't it be weird that MAS still consider taking half way qualified cadet pilots who are still pursueing their studies??
Direct intake for pilots by right should be for those who have completed their studies and possessed CPL/IR frozen ATPL
and not those half way through only.. And where are they going to fit in in this case? ,,,since MAS will not have cadet pilot sponsorship program to train them anymore, as posted by u guys?
Chances by right should placed emphasis on jobless pilots, right?
04-15-2011, 05:29 PM
Clement Wrote:Well, since this is direct intake for jobless pilots who have license already, won't it be weird that MAS still consider taking half way qualified cadet pilots who are still pursueing their studies??
Direct intake for pilots by right should be for those who have completed their studies and possessed CPL/IR frozen ATPL
and not those half way through only.. And where are they going to fit in in this case? ,,,since MAS will not have cadet pilot sponsorship program to train them anymore, as posted by u guys?
Chances by right should placed emphasis on jobless pilots, right?

Well, this is what information that was presented in the advertisement. I cannot say furthermore because it is up to the airline to end of the day to decide what is the best option and requirements. Best we keep our fingers crossed and see what's the outcome. And also it is more viable to absorb Cadets who are half way through or finishing, than taking a fresh batch of Airline Sponsored Cadet Pilots as they would be declared operational sooner still than the fresh ones. It is an advantage over costs, time factor, and the urgency need of pilots. I guess they might be a balance between Half way cadets and graduated cadets.

Requirements:
• Malaysian citizen below the age of 30 years old (as at date of application).
• Pass SPM or its equivalent qualification recognized by Malaysian Government
with six (6) credits including Bahasa Malaysia, English, Mathematics and
Physics or General Science in one sitting.
OR
• Possess Diploma / Degree from universities recognized by Malaysian
Government.
• Hold Malaysian Commercial Pilot License / Instrument Rating (CPL / IR).
• Passed frozen Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL) in not more than
3 sittings per subject with minimum of 30 flying hours.
• Minimum of Level 4 of Aviation English.
• Good command of Bahasa Malaysia and English, both written and spoken.
• Must be physically and mentally fit.
• Minimum height 163 cm (5ft 4in).
• Prepared to sign conversion training bond.
Candidates who are pursuing Malaysian Commercial Pilot License / Instrument
Rating (CPL / IR) and frozen Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL) may also
apply with similar qualification above.
04-15-2011, 11:41 PM
anyway , whoever got tis might become my batchmate sama-sama report to mas.. hehe
since the batch 17 going to report in soon ..

"Flying might not be all plain sailing, but the fun of it is worth the price. " - Amelia Earhart (1898 - 1937)
04-18-2011, 04:28 PM
klaviator Wrote:anyway , whoever got tis might become my batchmate sama-sama report to mas.. hehe
since the batch 17 going to report in soon ..

how do you know mas batch 17 reporting soon ? do u know the exact date? and where you heard this? really appreciate for the info..
and you r one of the private will be joining batch 17 ? Smile
04-18-2011, 07:08 PM
erm ... haha, dunno where to start answering ur Qs ..

MAS Batch 17 HMA is going to report next month ..
how i know ? coz they r my seniors ...

im MAS Cadet Batch 19 now in HMA Batch 33/10 ...

means tat anyone got this direct intake cannot catch up in time to join Batch 17 ..
so either Batch 18 or my batch ...

disclaimer : based on my opinion

"Flying might not be all plain sailing, but the fun of it is worth the price. " - Amelia Earhart (1898 - 1937)
04-18-2011, 08:54 PM
and MAS 17 is HMA 26 i presume?

Winglet Rider \_ _/
04-18-2011, 10:52 PM
yeah ... i counted backwards from my batch .. im batch 19 HMA .. HMA 26 is 2 batch senior than mine ~ Batch 18 is APFT ~

04-20-2011, 01:36 AM
:^^: ooOOoo... so r u graduating soon klaviator ? for 2010 mas only send ur batch ? i mean the batch that done psychomor and psychometric on the same day..
04-20-2011, 07:07 AM
klaviator Wrote:yeah ... i counted backwards from my batch .. im batch 19 HMA .. HMA 26 is 2 batch senior than mine ~ Batch 18 is APFT ~

Klaviator,HMA 25 is MAS 17,HMA 26 is MAS 18..dun forget them ok..dun mix hma mas cadets n apft mas cadets..both got their own numbering..hma 25 is mas 17,meaning,they r the 17th mas batch graduated from the school,n by the time u graduated,u will be the 19th mas batch to graduate from hma..mas cadets from apft also got their own mas numbering.so dun mix them up.there are pilots in diz forum who r seniors from hma (mas 1 until 18)..most of mas 1 n 2,3 if not all,already on wide body,few on jumbo,some on triple n most of them on d bus..some r still in 73,waiting for triple/jumbo refusing to bid for d bus,haha.anyway,study hard n concentrate on ur basic flying,it will serve u well in future..like mr DrebarBas said,mas r looking for future commanders,so give ur best to achieve dat goal.good luck
04-20-2011, 12:50 PM
oh really ? i thought all MAS cadets are mixed n grouped accordingly ... okay .. but between HMA 26 n my batch got 1 APFT MAS Batch ~ i think the direct intake will join them ...

yeah i know there r many seniors seniors , cant wait to join them ! haha ~ thanks hurricane85 ~

cupik : graduating soon ? nope .. expected next year feb or march .. erm, i think most of the ppl did their saiko n mispa the same day .. except my session coz computer server problem ..