Current time: 01-20-2018, 10:48 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
on board death
05-03-2010, 10:43 PM
I just wna share, yesterday my mom & dad was on the way to jakarta for vacation using airasia. On the way, a female passenger experience hard breathing which assume asthma. but on board there were a doctor and two nurse,, maybe intern. Hmmm... The passenger died eventu

ally(rumours in cabin). But the speculation is here, if the passenger didn't die, why didn't the pilot declare pan pan & divert to nearest airport, because my parents and the rest of the passenger have to fly wth the dead body (or sick) 1 & half hours... I dnt know how the route is, but isn't that too long...

but the ironi is, how do u transmit? Hehe....

''POB 128 & one dead body''.. Hehe

fly high, get high..
05-04-2010, 07:02 AM
If im not mistaken
POB 128+1

Correct me if Im wrong
08-17-2010, 01:30 PM
Once there is dead body O/B there are procedure to take the action by cabin crew and may carry till get to destination. Cockpit crew can make emer landing when the passenger in seriuos injured .. If RWY of the airport is suitable To landing and T/O also ground equipments to support the aircraft .. No matter what the airline or how the cost is . Life will come first Smile ...

pls. correct me if I'm wrong

"If you can dream it, you can do it."
08-17-2010, 08:12 PM
This is an INCORRECT assumptions.
There is a single (common)aviation law/regulation affecting all aspects of commercial aviation.
No demarkation between full service and low cost airlines.
You think there is a different AOC for low cost airline like AirAsia? :<.<:

If the aircraft need to divert, the commander will make the decisions depending on the nature of emergency.
In the defence of low cost airlines, this has nothing to do with a low cost carrier business model.

Most of the pilots/commanders in the low cost airlines come from full service airlines anyway!
Think again.

Becareful of implied/incorrect personal views/opinions.

hersheys Wrote:1. Pilots can assume nobody report if they were told.
2. Pilots take it as passenger pass-out because there's no professional/qualified medics onboard to certify somebody dead.
3. Since already dead, might as well carry on flying.
4. It's a budget carrier, they can't afford to make diversion. [/color]

Susah macam... Sad

Also, the next passenger who sit on the dead passenger seat will kenna. Sorry, I am abit pandang.[/color] Smile)

Real planes have propellers!
08-17-2010, 11:40 PM
Torx is right ........... Smile

Pilot (regardless of the airlines and countries) will do the followings:

1. Page for doctor or any qualified medical personnel onboard to assess the sick pax.

2. If there is no doctor or any qualified medical personnel onboard, cabin crew will assess the pax condition, anything such as body temp, physical outlook, heart beat, sympthoms etc .....all cabin crew are trained in basic first aids.

3. Contact the 'medical company' engaged by the airlines (if any) such as Medlink etc .... via satphone and report the pax status and seek advise.

4. Failing which, capt will decide whether to divert or continue based on the report from cabin crew. If you are not a capt, you would not know the decision making process and the thought behind it.

5. AT NO TIME, pilot and cabin crew are allowed to declare the death of pax ONBOARD as they are not qualified to do so and if the do, they are subjected to be prosecuted in the court of law.

If you are just an "armchair pilot" or a "bush pilot" or a "tugboat pilot" or an "aeromodelling pilot" or a "WET-DREAMER pilot", you may do whatever pleases you .............. :=\:

The Unlearned
Cool

A Real Man Needs A "Big Stick" In Between Legs .....

BUT

Not The One Provided by BOEING ....
08-18-2010, 12:10 AM
Well put drebarbas! I can count on you! :^^:

08-19-2010, 02:23 PM
but what if they have to bring along the "jenazah"(inside the coffin)
they put it inside the cargo right? * my instructor said inside the cargo..there is some special part to place the jenazah..is it true???*
and what will the pilot say for the person on board?does it count as 1 POB?
08-19-2010, 02:29 PM
What special part to place? You should ask your instructor to be specific.
The requiremens is that the coffin need to be securely tied down/anchored to the floor structure.
Of course, cargo compartments have provisions for these.
We don't want the coffin and contents to 'fly' around..
That 'body' is no longer a person as it is not part of the pax manifest, now part of cargo manifest. :><.:

08-19-2010, 05:07 PM
yeah I think you are right...
about the special part...I will ask him again..
and he did told me the coffin need to be tied down to the floor...
sorry torx...never seen the actual cargo compartment before... Cool
08-19-2010, 05:48 PM
Yes, that is very apparent! Wink