Current time: 01-17-2018, 10:51 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
VOR NAVIGATION
06-16-2009, 10:59 AM
Hi my dear friends,

I have a problem to understand how VOR to VOR works. I try to understand it but unfortunately I didn't it. Anyone here could can help me to explain VOR navigation and approach.
06-16-2009, 09:28 PM
hehe...
piece of cake...

firstly....of course you have to set the frequency
All VOR frequency lies between 108.00 Mhz -117.95 Mhz...
and press the NAV button...

below is a VOR indicator...

[Image: vor2.jpg]

The are also another type of flag which is:

An upward pointing triangle= indicates TO flag
A downward pointing triangle = indicates FROM flag
lastly red and white =indicates OFF flag

TO means - You are to the station...
while From means you have pass the vor...(VOR is at the back of you)

Off Flag means you are now overhead the station...
[Image: vor2t.jpg]

*ignore the vor indicator on the picture shown above...it should be an off indicator*

================================================================================​======
VOR NAVIGATION
================================================================================​======

if the needle move to the left..you have to turn to the left..until the needle move to the centre
if the needle move to the right...you have to move to the right...until the needle move to the centre

[Image: vor2j.jpg]

refer to aircraft position 1...
the aircraft is now left of track...and the needle is now deflected to the right...so the pilot have to turn to the right to maintain on track..

*please ignore aircraft position 4

[Image: vor2.jpg]

[Image: vor4.jpg]

[Image: vor5.jpg]

[Image: vor6.jpg]

[Image: vor7.jpg]

================================================================================​===========
Horizontal Situation Indicator(HSI)
================================================================================​===========

[Image: hsi1.jpg]

[Image: hsia1.jpg]

[Image: hsi2.jpg]

[Image: hsi3.jpg]

================================================================================​==========
VOR APPROACH
================================================================================​=========
For a full VOR Approach procedure...
We have to use a chart for the airport like this...
A chart is use because like ILS there is A glide slope needle which indicates whether you are too high or too low...
but unfortunately in VOR..there is no Glide slope indicator....thats why we are using a chart...

[Image: approachplatevor141m.jpg]
From the chart above..(arrow) AT 10 Nm From the VOR station...You can descend and maintain 3600 feet..

[Image: approacho.jpg]

[Image: approach2.jpg]

[Image: approach3.jpg]

[Image: approach4.jpg]

[Image: approach6.jpg]

Happy landing!!!

*correct me If im wrong*
================================================================================​===================<br /><br />-- Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:37 am --<br /><br />This topic should be inside Radio Aids...not navigation...
09-15-2009, 05:23 PM
Mr aviator ty for the info yes it is very simple for you but i have not understood on what radial i am supposed to be and how do i discern it . If u can update i will be grateful
10-29-2009, 04:32 AM
can someone pass me the vor/ndb simulator?

~ my dad once told me..'be an engineer or better'..so i want to be a PILOT ~
10-29-2009, 05:42 PM
i gotSmile you want?

~"the sky is the limit" and that's why I'm gonna fly to reach the limits and beyond~
10-30-2009, 03:39 PM
Geee.. Thanks.. Really helpful .. off to FSX =D

[Image: jetright.gif]

F l y y y y l a h h h : D
11-17-2009, 12:00 PM
More infos and simulation on VOR
visit this website..
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.luizmonteiro.com/Learning_VOR_Sim.aspx">http://www.luizmonteiro.com/Learning_VOR_Sim.aspx</a><!-- m -->

pretty sad this forum is quite dead... Sad
03-25-2010, 03:36 PM
Simple. If the tower as your radial, look at the tail of the pointer. radiaL=taiL :Big Grin: